Calingiri Recreational Hall
Yulgering Road, Calingiri
|The Calingiri Recreation Hall was opened on 29 March 1980 and is the main hall within the Shire of Victoria Plains with social events such as cabaret, school concerts, Weddings being held in it.
The Hall is run and maintained by the Shire.
It has a large open area for large functions, a kitchen, bar area, toilets, a small meeting room and two squash courts.
You can hire sections of the hall or the whole lot. For any further queries relating to the Calingiri Recreation Hall or to book contact the Shire Office.
For information or bookings contact the Shire
Phone: (08) 9628 7004 Fax: (08) 9628 7008 email@example.com
|Calinrigi Sports Pavilion
||Renovated and refurbished in 2012.
Comprises a large industrial kitchen, bar and open area.
For bookings contact Jaymie King, Phone: (08) 9628 7182
|Other Facilities Within the Shire|
George Street, Bolgart
|The Bolgart Hall was built in 1932 with additions being made in 1948 and 1953.
The Bolgart Hall was opened on 17 January 1933, after the former Agricultural Hall in the original townsite had burnt down exactly two years previously.
The Hall was situated adjacent to the football and cricket ground, and convenient for use by the clubs.
In 1936, the tennis club transferred from the old townsite and located near the hall with a bough shed constructed. Afternoon teas for all the clubs were served in the hall.
In 1952, fundraising facilitated the purchase of the old Culham Hall. It was dismantled, the bricks cleaned and transported, by the members of the local community, for use in construction of the front additions to the Bolgart Hall.
A grand opening was held to celebrate the new extensions, a memorial plaque was unveiled on 26 April 1953. The back rooms that had been used for the football change rooms were vacated, and the CWA women furnished the rooms for their Branch meeting rooms.
The Hall now has a stage area, side meeting room, kitchen and outside toilets. The Hall is run by the Bolgart Progress Association and maintained by the Shire of Victoria Plains. For information or bookings contact - Nancy Holmes 9627 5135 or the Shire on 9628 7004.
Miling Road, Yerecoin
|The Yerecoin Hall was constructed in the early 1950's. Prior to the Hall being constructed all social activities took place at the school.
Some of the activities that have occurred in the Hall are Balls, sports windups, birthday parties, art, aerobics, badminton and films have also been shown.
The interior of the Hall has a similar set up of the Bolgart Hall with a stage area, side meeting room, kitchen and toilets. It is run and maintained by the Yerecoin Progress Association.
For information and bookings contact - Yerecoin Traders 9654 6015
Toodyay Bindi Bindi Road, Piawaning
|The Piawaning Hall was constructed in the late 1950's with additions being made in the early and late 1970's. The Hall is used for many events throughout the year with meetings, sporting events, dances. It is also used by the schools within the Shire of Victoria Plains and the Shire of Moora as a central point for joint socials.
The Hall is run and maintained by the Piawaning Progress Association.
For information or bookings contact - Naomi Purser 9654 5081
Bindoon Moora Road, Mogumber
|The Mogumber Hall was constructed in 1959 and is the social centre of the Mogumber Community.
The Hall is run by the Mogumber Progress Association and maintained by the Shire of Victoria Plains.
For information or bookings contact - Kay Reid 0428 528 030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Gillingarra Recreation Hall
Bindoon Moora Road, Gillingarra
|The Gillingarra Recreation Hall was constructed in 1936 with a gala sports day being held to commemorate the occasion, followed by a dance in the evening. School picnics, concerts, dances and annual sports days were ongoing events at the hall.
In 1962 the hall was extended to accommodate a badminton court. In 1965/66 the hall was lined to dado height. In 1983 it was decided that a Recreation Centre was required comprising a sports hall, social hall, meeting rooms and a kitchen. The original hall was moved 100 metres and the shell was retained, but it was clad the same as the adjoining new structure.
On 8 November 1986 the new hall was opened and a ball celebrated the event.
The Hall is run and maintained by the Gillingarra Sport and Recreation Club.
For information or bookings contact - Lana Kelly 0427 364 167 or email email@example.com