Environmental Health and Building
From the 1st April 2014, Council contracted the services of Mr Linton Thomas - Environmental Health Officer and Building Surveyor to provide Health and Building duties for the Shire of Victoria Plains.
Mr Thomas will visit the shire one day per month and will also be available during normal business hours via email, phone or Skype. Please contact the Shire Administration Centre on 9628 7004 for these details.
Should you wish to discuss something at length, an appointment may be necessary, in which case please contact the Shire Administration Centre on 9628 7004.
The Health and Building division of the Shire looks after the following:
- Public Building/Public Event Assessment
- Waste Management
- Food Business Registration and Inspection
- Sewerage Scheme (Calingiri and Yerecoin)
- Certificate of Design Compliance Service
- Building Permit Applications
- Building Inspection
- Septic Tank Applications and Inspections
- Pool Inspections
- Heritage Buildings
To report any health or building issues, contact the Shire Office;
Policy Updates - Moveable Buildings and Outbuildings
The Shire of Victoria Plains under and by virtue of the powers conferred upon it by Local Planning Scheme No. 5, more particularly Part 2 - Local Planning Policy Framework, advises that
- Local Planning Scheme Policy No.1 – Moveable Buildings; and
- Local Planning Scheme Policy No. 2 - Outbuildings
were revised and adopted by Council Resolution 106/2014 at Council’s Ordinary Meeting held on Wednesday 16th July 2014.
Copies of the revised policies are available by clicking here for Policy 1 Moveable Buildings or Policy 2 Outbuildings.
H E (Harry) Hawkins
Chief Executive Officer