= Required Fields

Vehicle Identifiers Form

Acknowledgement of T&C

Get Audio Code



COVID-19 Mandate Letter

Terms and Conditions:

  1. The Fire Response Vehicle Identifier received by me is for the purpose of fire response by the vehicle listed above.
  2. When this vehicle is no longer used as a fire response vehicle (e.g. when sold) the identifier will be removed;
  3. It is the responsibility of the owner and driver of the vehicle to comply with the Road Traffic Act 1974.
  4. This identifier could be revoked by an Incident Controller or authorised person at any time.
  5. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing will be worn at all times.
  6. the driver will ensure that the vehicle’s presence at an incident is recorded on both arrival and departure.
  7. I have received a copy of the “Operating Private Equipment at Bushfires” and will make drivers of the vehicle familiar with this document.
  8. I and all other operators of this vehicle will have had my first state approved Covid-19 Vaccination prior to 12:01am on 1 December 2021 and provide proof with this application.
  9. I and all operators of this vehicle will be fully vaccinated by 12:01am on 1 January 2022 and provide proof with this application.

Public health order document

Vaccination evidence

Evidence of vaccinations can be provided in the following forms.

Providing Proof – Digital

  • MyGov (Medicare online).
  • Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
  • Individual Health identifier (Medicare, DVA, enrolled in Medicare).
  • My Health Record (to link it to your MyGov account.

Providing Proof – Hardcopy

How to upload vaccination evidence.

  • Upload via website by clicking here
  • Email documents to reception@victoriaplains.wa.gov.au PDF or JPG. Formats prefer.
  • Mail documents to 28 Cavell Street, Calingiri WA 6569
  • Contact one of our customer service reps to assist 08 9628 7004
  • Deliver in person to the Shire Administration Officer to 28 Cavell Street, Calingiri WA 6569

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I am medically unable to get the Covid-19 vaccinations, can I still volunteer?
A: Yes, you will need to provide evidence stating that you are an exempt person as per s. 30 of the order.

Q: I am worried about the security of my vaccine information, is it secure?
A: Yes, the information collected is stored on the Shire’s database that cannot be accessed without certain permissions. This information if required by law, can be provided to authorised persons.

Q: If I refuse to get a vaccination, can I still attend incidents (Fires)?
A: Unless exempt or under s. 7(c) No, the Shire are legally obliged to ensure that only those who fulfill the requirements are eligible to attend incidents.

Q: I am not vaccinated but my response is urgently required for a property nearby as they cannot get enough crews, can I still respond?
A: Yes, under s. 7(c) of the directions states an exemption if emergency response is required immediately and there is not a fully or partly vaccinated person available to provide response.
Note: Unvaccinated units may be asked to leave once sufficient response is available.

Q: How will the Shire identify who is vaccinated vs. who is not?
A: The Shire has released a statement advising that only those who have a valid vehicle identifier, or those members of bush fire brigades should be attending, those who do not fit into those categories will be asked to leave the incident or maybe asked to provide proof of vaccination as per Public Health Order.

Q: Where can I get more information on Covid-19
A: Department of Health website https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/articles/a_e/coronavirus

Q: What are the penalties if I was to ignore these requirements.
A: Penalties are up to $20,000 for an individual or $100,000 for bodies corporate

Q: Where can I get vaccinated?
A: visit www.rollup.wa.gov.au